Outback Writer

Thursday, December 28, 2006

My Elephant

Among the Christmas presents I received was a renewal of my sponsorship for an orphaned elephant called Morani. Born in 2001 he was found wandering alone in the bush. He had been injured and nearby was the dead body of his mother who had been shot by poachers. Two bullets had passed straight through his body just below the spine and the other was lodged in his leg. He is now in the Care for the Wild sanctuary in Kenya. This is the third elephant I've had sponsored for me. The other two have been successfully released back into the wild and one is pregnant. As well as looking after orphaned animals they do vital anti-poaching work. If anyone is interested in the work of this organization their web address is: wwwcareforthewild.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home