Outback Writer

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Reasons for my absence

Writing Eumeralla was easy. I wrote the whole novel then read it out in segments to the Richmond Writers' Circle, listened to their comments, thought about them and either rewrote or left it as it was. Editing it was easy. I just printed it out gave it to my copy editor and corrected my mistakes. Trying to typeset it has been a nightmare and I have been too frazzled to post. It's still an ongoing saga, but now I'm being more pragmatic and tell myself that these things happen for a reason. So I'm back!
I think I've chosen one of the most difficult professions to break into. People who have read my first novel Vissi d'arte were positive about it and keep asking when my next one is coming out, so I know they are interested and not just being kind. But I've given up trying to interest a publisher. It's a waste of time and money. And agents have the cheek to demand that a writer only submits to one agent at a time. It's like saying that people can only apply for one job at a time. If only we could audition like actors!
Hopefully I'll have better news soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home