Outback Writer

Friday, October 20, 2006

Dictator of the World

If I was the dictator of the world I would ban things and instigate others. I invite bloggers to help me finish my A-Z lists and challenge me. Before you go hysterical with rage, check out the list of things I would instigate. But I know that my dictatorship would not last a day, because I would be assassinated when this list was made public! If you disagree with this list, cheer up! It's never going to happen! Is it?

To Ban - Armaments, Bull fighting, Cars, Dead boundaries i.e fences, Experiments on animals, Fur coats & Hats etc, Green belt building, Hunting, Intensive farming & fishing, Junk food, Loud music, Muzak, Night clubs, Pesticides, Refined food, Seal culls, Twenty-four hour TV, Veal, Whaling, Xmas advertising (commercial).

To Instigate - Bicycles, Crop rotation, Experiments on serial killers, Free-range farming, Government controlled and registered brothels, Hard labour prisons for the worst criminals (eg serial killers and multiple rapists), Live boundaries (hedges of yew, box, privet and hazel), Music lessons for all children, Nationalization of all transport and utilities, Organic farming & pest control, Rod & line fishing, Single currency, Trams & trains, Unrefined food, Vegetarian ethics, Xmas advertising must spread the real meaning of the festival not the commercial side.

To explain. The ban on some things, eg armaments, would be immediate. The ban on cars would have a 5 year running down period to allow manufacturers to plan a new industry eg, bikes, trains and trams. Public transport would be excellent and cheap. Government registered brothels would have compulsory health checks and control the spread of VD. Prostitutes would pay tax. Vegetarian ethics means eating less meat.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:46 AM , Blogger Nic said...

    I would intigate Ink pens (I hate biros) and Compulsory Library membership and I would ban TVs, PCs and games consoles in bedrooms for both adults and children.

    I think I've only added one letter to help you list though..

     
  • At 2:16 PM , Blogger Strangeblueghost said...

    The only argument I would have would be with cars. I grew up in Cornwall, and you just can't have a society down there without cars.

    And I definitely wouldn't encourage cyclists. Nasty, loutish, pavement-zooming morons. I think they should be tortured with piano wire and sharp pointy things. Actually, Nic, I quite like our bedroom telly.

     
  • At 6:48 AM , Blogger Outback Writer said...

    Hello Nic,

    Thanks for the comment. Yes, I agree with biros, but it's something I'd never thought about till you mentioned it. We must go through thousands in our lifetime, whereas with fountain pens one will last forever. So thanks for that.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home