Outback Writer

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Thirteenth Tale


I contrast to the dire Death in Pemberley series The Thirteenth Tale was excellent. In parts it was so chilling that shivers ran up and down my spine. As in all good dramas things gradually evolved and made sense.

The characterization was excellent. At first the old lady on her death bed seemed unpleasant, but gradually understanding dawned. Olivia Colman and Vanessa Redgrave gave fine performances.

The locations were heavy with atmosphere, especially the ruin of the old mansion Angelfields.

If I had to sum up the theme of the story it would be 'The evil of uncontrolled jealousy'.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:49 AM , Blogger Bev Myers said...

    I can hardly wait to see this. Unlike many of my fellow mystery authors/readers, I LOVED the book. I wish more writers could pull off this type of plot.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home