Outback Writer

Monday, September 24, 2018

Bloodhound Books versus the big publishers


When I lived in London I belonged to an excellent writer's group. One of the members, who was a brilliant writer, had her first novel accepted by an agent, and quickly found a well known publisher. We were all excited for her. But it took two years for her debut novel to be published and six months for them to design a cover. By that time she had written her second, equally brilliant novel. After her fourth novel was published they demanded two novels a year and she became so stressed, the muse deserted her and she stopped writing.

My own experience has been different. After my crime novel was accepted by Bloodhound Books, I immediately felt welcomed and valued. Even before the editing process was complete they had designed a cover. The whole process has been smooth and quick.It once took a well known agent four months to e-mail me a standard rejection letter. Many never bothered to reply. Bloodhound Books will publish my novel in November 2018 - four months after it was accepted. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home