Outback Writer

Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Life experiences and changes are important for me as a writer and are reflected in all my novels.

The seeds for my first novel Vissi d'arte were sown when I was at opera school in Australia.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vissi-darte-Story-Love-Music/dp/0954585704/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1354103844&sr=1-5

Turbulant family relationships, a disputed inheritance and adoption were the foundations of Eumeralla, a family saga set in the Australian outback. 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eumeralla-Secrets-Tragedy-Joanna-Stephen-Ward/dp/0954585712/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1356796624&sr=1-6

Living next door to a violent woman who used to beat her husband and intimidate her neighbours, gave me the experience to write The Doll Collection. Even negative events can be turned into positive ones, although I was only able to write this novel when we moved away from this dreadful woman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home